- Leave for France on Sunday, July 15.
- Arrive in Paris or Toulouse on Monday the 16th (Toulouse is much closer, but we may not be able to get there depending on the airline, etc.).
- Spend th 16th getting ourselves down to Bagneres-de-Luchon to our apartment.
- Spend the 17th in the Pyrenees checking things out. This is a rest day for the peleton and a jet lag recovery day for us.
- See the arrival in Luchon on the 18th. This would be a full day of tour goodness.
- See the departure from Luchon on the 19th, then after the hubbub in the morning dies down, make our way to Paris.
- Spend the day of the 20th in Paris doing tourist stuff. I would also like to eat a brioche on the left bank while smoking and staring off into the middle distance if we can work it in. It just seems like the thing to do.
- Spend the day of the 21st in Paris doing tourist stuff, or optionally travel down to Chartres where the individual time trial will be happening.
- Spend the 22nd at the final stage in Paris.
- Spend the 23rd in Paris or northern France doing tourist stuff.
- Fly home on the 24th.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Here is the proposed itinerary for our trip to France. We've got to make our flight arrangements soon since we plan to use points, so I am trying to nail this down with Nathan.