Tuesday, May 22, 2012

An update and a request for suggestions

It's less than two months until we leave for France, so I'm getting pretty excited.  Here's an update on the arrangements I've made so far:
  • Plane tickets from Phoenix to Paris, by way of Philadelphia (using US Airways points to save about $2400)
  • Car rental for the first week to get us around France, down to the Pyrenees, and back to Paris
  • Rental apartment in Bagneres-de-Luchon for a week (although we will probably only be there two or three days, it was cheaper than a hotel)
  • Five nights in a hotel in Paris
I think we have a pretty good plan for the last week of the trip, but we have about 4 days where we don't have any specific plans but do have a car to drive around in.  I think it might be cool to make our way down to the Pyrenees along the eastern part of France.  This way, we might be able to see the Alps and possibly the Cote d'Azur before we get to the Pyrenees.  Another option would be to go to Normandy, and make our way down the western side of the country.  I'm not sure what's there, but I imagine there'd be some cool stuff as well.  We could also head straight south through the heart of France, stopping at sights along the way.

Anyone with suggestions on what to do with 4 days to get from Paris to the Pyrenees, I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment