Thursday, December 29, 2011

What's this blog about, anyway?

So I've been known to make some snap travel decisions that can turn into really fun trips. For instance, back in my (much) younger days, my future wife and I decided around midnight one Friday night to drive from St. Louis to Gatlinburg, TN for the weekend. Last summer I made a spur of the moment decision to take my youngest son (a huge Harry Potter fan) from Phoenix to New York a couple months later to see Daniel Radcliffe in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.

Well, it looks like I'm up to my old tricks again, and am in the process of planning a trip to France to see several stages of the 2012 Tour de France with my oldest son. I have set up this blog to document the planning process as well as (hopefully) the trip itself.

Perhaps someone will get some value out of this blog; perhaps not. One thing that I've noted is that there's not a huge amount of information out there about planning such a trip on your own (as opposed to going with a tour group), so maybe the things I learn and write here will be useful to others. I guess we'll see.

Anyway, stay tuned for updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment