Thursday, April 5, 2012

Getting in the spirit!

I'm really starting to get in the TdF spirit!  I really can't wait for this trip!  I've never been to France, so that's going to be a new experience for me.  I'm also looking forward to having a car and driving around.  Who knows: we might go also have time to visit Switzerland or Spain while we're making our way down to the Pyrenees.  With nothing in particular on the agenda, we have a lot of flexibility!

I picked up a book at the library last weekend called French Revolutions: Cycling the Tour de France. It's about a guy who did an unsupported recreation of the TdF on about 2 weeks' notice. It's a pretty interesting story, and it made it clear that I might want to learn a bit of French before I head over to France.
Long story short, now that we have tickets, I can really start to get excited about this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment