Thursday, January 5, 2012

Catastrophe!

I received this email today:

Dear William,

I hope this e-mail finds you well.

I am writing to you with regard to your booking at Hotel Acta Luchon. I am sorry to inform you that, for reasons outside of our control, this property no longer works with us and has now been removed from our website.

Consequently we have had little choice but to cancel your booking. We will of course refund your 10% payment. Please allow at least 5 working days for the funds to reach your account.

Again, I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. I can assure you that this booking was taken in good faith as usual.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

We will be glad to assist you!

Kind regards
Donatella

Now we have no room in Bagneres-de-Luchon for the first two days of our trip, and therefore no spot on the finish and start line for those two stages.  In addition, there does not appear to be any hotel rooms available within 10 miles or so.

I'm not going to let this stop me, but I guess we will have to get creative.  One option would be to see about renting some form of camper.  Another option would be to look for a person who is renting out a room for a couple days.  Finally, we could skip those stages, and focus on other stages (e.g., the time trial stage that ends in Chartres).

I won't let this derail the process, but this has certainly been a major setback.  I was always a little nervous about this reservation, and I guess my intuition was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment