Sunday, January 1, 2012

My cycling resolutions

My cycling resolutions for the year:
  • Ride a metric century by year end
  • Ride a real century by year end
  • Record 2,000 miles on my bike by year end
These seem like reasonable resolutions to be able to keep.  I am already signed up for a metric century (the Phoenix Tour de Cure).  This should not be too much of a challenge as I rode the 85 mile route of the Tour de Tucson a few months ago.  The century is going to be a bit more difficult (obviously), but my plan for this is to ride the Bike MS 150 in April in Sedona.  The full distance for the first day of this ride is 105 miles, and that is the version I plan to ride.  I have ridden 92 miles in a day (the Bike MS in Washington a few years ago) so I think I should be able to tackle this one, but it will obviously require some significant training.

Riding 2,000 miles should definitely also be doable, but will require a bit more commitment.  The good news is that the Tour de Cure and the Bike MS 150 will account for 10% of my miles in 3 days!  In addition, the training for those rides should cover a lot of miles as well, so I think I should be able to accomplish this goal as well.

By the way, if you have any interest in sponsoring my ride in the Tour de Cure, please visit this page: http://main.diabetes.org/goto/bill.canning.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment