Monday, January 16, 2012

Rooms in Bagneres-de-Luchon, take 3

A while ago I found that I had no hotel reservation in Bagneres-de-Luchon which pretty much threw a monkey wrench into my TdF plans.  After a bit of panic, I reached out to my French-speaking niece-in-law-to-be (maybe!) and found a web site with a bunch of properties that I could rent in that town.  I requested information for a likely looking apartment, but unfortunately, I haven't heard from the proprietor yet.

Given that having a room in this location is a linchpin of the whole trip, I went back to my the website my French speaker recommended and found several other apartments that I could rent.  I have sent out at least 5 or 6 emails to the owners of these locations.  Hopefully, I'll hear back from one of these folks and I will be back in business.

I'm sure you're wondering what web site I'm using to find rooms.  I will be happy to tell you. . . after I get my room squared away!  Sorry, but it's a dog eat dog world out there, and I need to look out for Number 1 right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment