Sunday, January 29, 2012

Skin in the game

Today I put down a deposit on an apartment in Bagneres-de-Luchon.  From this base of operations, Nathan and I will be able to watch stages 16 and 17 of the Tour.  Thanks to Flo (my secret French-speaking weapon), I found the web site Abritel.fr.  This is a site where people rent out their homes and apartments, and it had quite a few locations in Luchon.  I found a small apartment near the center of town, and although I have to rent it for a full week, it still will be less expensive than the hotel I'd originally (thought I'd) booked.

Here's a picture of the outside of the apartment:


And a picture of the inside:


It's not living in the lap of luxury, but we have a place that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and that was the real goal.

I guess we're really going to go to France for the TdF as I'm starting to put down deposits.  This is going to be pretty freaking awesome!  Or should I say, c'est magnifique?!

No comments:

Post a Comment